It's been a little slow and sludgy. For some reason I always run into productivity problems whenever a phase/chapter/story runs longer than I'd like, and the last week or so has been a bit of a brutal crawl. The Patreon has been really useful here as an incentive to keep at it and not put the project on hiatus as has happened in the past with other series/projects.
(Obligatory cheeky Patreon plug link.)
The majority of the scenes are now all typed up. I'd say all of them are done, but based on my past experience with the Arachne CYOA, I usually find I've missed the odd little transition scene here and there when I come to stitch the whole thing together.
The next phase is to plug the text scenes into Twine. The pathways have pretty much all been programmed, so this is pretty much a straight cut'n'paste job into the existing map. There are a couple of things I'll need to tweak as I do this, and the inevitable bug squashing to make sure everything fits together and works correctly.
I'm a little annoyed I didn't manage to finish this in August, but barring unforeseen catastrophes it shouldn't take much longer. I was less annoyed when I totted the word count up. Yep, I went a little bit overboard with Volumpula's various talents. Obviously there is some repetition with some scenes, but the total word count for all the scenes is 18,000 words.
Whoops. That's like a third of a novel.
Oh well. That's a lot of "fun" with a sexy slime girl.
Future CYOAs will not be this long. I want to be producing them faster than this one (especially as my interest and productivity start to wane once projects start to drag on too long) and 18K words per CYOA for a single encounter is too much.
I was hoping to have a version out by the end of the week, but I also have a dental appointment tomorrow and don't know how much that's going to knock me about, so I don't want to make any concrete predictions. However, it shouldn't be long now before I unleash Volumpula on you all!